PRMS Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. PRMS are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. PRMS will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
PRMS endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- PRMS will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- PRMS will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- PRMS will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- PRMS will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- PRMS will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- PRMS will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- PRMS will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- PRMS will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products PRMS intend to purchase.
- PRMS will seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
- PRMS will reuse and recycle everything PRMS are able to.
- PRMS will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- PRMS will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- PRMS will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- PRMS will use the 'green' vehicles and maintain them rigorously.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- PRMS will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- PRMS will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- PRMS will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- PRMS will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- PRMS will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- PRMS will Increase employee awareness through training.
- PRMS will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- PRMS will update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- PRMS will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- PRMS will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- PRMS will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Clayton M Coke | Managing Director
1st February 2016